Referrals and Nominations

A number of other Housing Associations manage property in Fife however they still hold their own separate housing lists, application forms, and assessment criteria. Many of these Associations are providers of specialist housing, for example, older persons housing or housing with support.

These Associations hold a Nominations Agreement with Fife Council, meaning around 50% of their vacancies are allocated through referrals made from our FHR housing list.

When these Associations have a vacancy they decide if they want to allocate directly from their own list or if they wish to request a referral.

If a referral request is received Fife Council’s Housing Access Support Team will refer suitable applicants to the Association. When appropriate, the Council will provide a ‘Section 5 referral’ (a priority homeless applicant), which allows the Association to assist in reducing homelessness in Fife.

To be considered for nomination, you must have an active FHR application and your housing preferences must match that of the particular vacancy. Any other criteria, such as age restriction, must also be met.

Although the Council can nominate you, we cannot guarantee you will receive an offer of housing. Each Association operates their own Allocations Policy and the decision to allocate lies with the landlord.

We encourage applicants to consider all housing options and housing providers to increase your chances of being housed. If you are particularly keen to be housed by any of our ‘nomination’ landlords, we recommend you apply to them direct to maximise your chances.


The following housing associations ask for nomination referrals:

Service Update

Winter/Spring 2022 – Do you want to update your current application for housing? We are currently working on a new UPDATE FORM and we hope to have this ready for you soon. However, if you want to update or withdraw your application for housing you can:

Depending on what the update is, we may have to contact you for further information to enable the update to be completed.

If you have moved address please complete a new application form.