Domestic abuse is a serious crime and has profound effects on society.
If you are someone you know is experiencing domestic abuse contact the Police on 101 (and ask for the domestic abuse unit), or contact Fife Women's Aid on 0808 802 5555.
In an emergency call 999 for urgent assistance.
Domestic abuse can be carried out by partners or ex-partners and includes any form of:
- Physical abuse
- Punching, choking, slapping, hair pulling, grabbing or pushing
- not allowing to you to sleep or rest
- Sexual abuse
- Acts which degrade and humiliate. Are carried out against the victim's will, including rape.
- Mental and emotional abuse, threats, verbal abuse, withholding money. Other types of coercive or controlling behaviour such as isolation from family or friends.
Even if you think you’re experiencing mild abuse, it’s important to recognise it.
You can speak to someone you trust or use one of the contacts below, who will:
- Give you information and support.
- Help you consider your options and support you in achieving what you choose to do.
- Help you contact the other services you need
You can get support and information from:
- Fife Women's Aid on 0808 802 5555 or email email@example.com
- Shakti Women’s Aid – Shakti Women’s Aid offers information, support and advocacy for black minority ethnic women, experiencing domestic abuse, forced marriage and other honour-based abuse issues, FGM (female genital mutilation). Telephone: 01383 431 243 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Domestic Abuse helpline (for women and men) 0800 027 1234 or email info@
scottishdomesticabusehelpline.- As the National Domestic Abuse Helpline for Scotland, this service offers information and support to anyone affected by abuse and works within national standards. org.uk
- Fife Violence Against Women Partnership - Practitioner's Guide
- Police on 101 (specifying Domestic Abuse Unit)
- In a emergency call 999 for urgent assistance
In this section
Start your Application
The Fife Housing Register team are still assessing applications, but we may not be able to meet our normal timescales. Please continue to submit new housing applications and updates to existing applications and we will respond as soon as we can.
If you are homeless, or need somewhere to stay urgently, please call 0800 028 6231 so we can discuss your housing options.
To complete an online housing application you will need to register for a secure account on Fife.gov.uk. If you already have an account, login in using your existing details.
SERVICE UPDATE SPRING 2021 – Do you want to update your current application for housing? We are currently working on a new UPDATE FORM and we hope to have this ready for you soon. However, if you want to update or withdraw your application for housing you can:
- Call 03451 55 00 33 and give details of the update
- Or email FHR.Team@Fife.gov.uk
Depending on what the update is, we may have to contact you for further information to enable the update to be completed.
If you have moved address please complete a new application form.Apply for a home now