Domestic abuse is a serious crime and has profound effects on society.
Police on 101 or in an emergency 999 or Fife Women's Aid on 0808 802 5555
Domestic abuse can be carried out by partners or ex-partners and includes any form of:
- Physical abuse
- Punching, choking, not allowing to sleep or pushing.
- Sexual abuse
- Acts which degrade and humiliate. Are carried out against the victim's will, including rape.
- Mental and emotional abuse, threats, verbal abuse, withholding money. Other types of controlling behaviour such as isolation from family or friends.
Even if you think you’re experiencing mild abuse, it’s important to recognise it.
You can speak to someone you trust or use one of the contacts below, who will:
- Give you information and support.
- Help you consider your options and support you in achieving what you choose to do.
- Help you contact the other services you need
You can get support and information from:
- Fife Women's Aid on 0808 802 5555 or email email@example.com
- Shakti Women’s Aid – Shakti Women’s Aid offers information, support and advocacy for black minority ethnic women, experiencing domestic abuse, forced marriage and other honour-based abuse issues, FGM (female genital mutilation). Telephone: 01383 431 243 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Domestic Abuse helpline (for women and men) 0800 027 1234 or email info@
scottishdomesticabusehelpline.- As the National Domestic Abuse Helpline for Scotland, this service offers information and support to anyone affected by abuse and works within national standards. org.uk
- Violence against women information leaflet
Police on 101 (specifying Domestic Abuse Unit) or in an emergency call 999
In this section
Start your Application
To complete an online housing application you will need to register for a secure account on Fife Direct. If you already have an account, login in using your existing details.
If you already have an application and you need to update your circumstances, call us on 03451 55 00 33. Please do not submit a new application.Apply for a home now