Too Many Bedrooms

Priority or preference is given social housing tenants who are under-occupying.

Under-occupying your home means you have more bedrooms than you need and we will use the information you give us to calculate if you are entitled to under-occupation points.

If you are already a tenant of one of the Fife Housing Register Partners and you think you home is too big for your needs you should contact your landlord and let them know. They may be able to help you to find a move to a smaller property that is more suitable for your needs.

You should also register with Homeswap as there could be someone in your area who is looking for a larger property (just like yours).

Do you live in a Fife Council tenancy?

Is your home too big for your needs or unsuitable in other ways, and would you be interested in a move to a more suitable property?

Would you move if there was some practical help available to cut down the hassle?

If you answer yes to these questions, Fife Council's Transfer Incentive Scheme may be of interest to you. Click the link, call 03451 55 00 33 or contact your Housing Management Officer to enquire further.

Renting in the Private Sector could also be a housing option that suits your needs. Fife Private Rental Solutions (FPRS) can provide advice and assistance to anyone interested in the private rented sector. The team can offer guidance on what renting in the private rented sector entails; how to search for an appropriate property; benefit entitlements; assistance with a Deposit Guarantee and much more. For more information, please contact the FPRS team on 01592 201849, email or visit their website

Service Update

November 2023 - Customer Survey

We want to hear from you! Fife Housing Register are running a customer survey from November 2023 to January 2024. We want to hear from applicants who have either completed their housing journey with us or are currently on our waiting list. Your answers could help us improve our service in the future. Please see the below link to the survey;


June 2023 - The Fife Housing Register Team have moved base from New City House, Dunfermline to Brunton House, Cowdenbeath. Any Post being sent to the FHR Team should be sent to the following;

Fife Housing Register Team, Cowdenbeath Customer Service Centre, Brunton House, High Street, Cowdenbeath, KY4 9QU.

Alternatively you can;-