Gypsy Travellers are dedicated to living a travelling lifestyle and see travelling as an important part of their identity.
There is a lot of diversity amongst Gypsy Traveller communities, with different groups speaking a variety of languages and holding to distinct customs and traditions. Many Gypsy Travellers place great importance on family networks and on passing down their culture and traditions through the generations.
When Gypsy Travellers are on the road, they may stay in:
- Sites provided by local councils.
- Privately owned sites run by Gypsy Travellers or holiday caravan sites.
- Unauthorised roadside encampments.
Sites provided by Fife Council
We manage 3 permanent sites with rent charges. All pitches are subject to Council Tax. The locations are as follows:
- Tarvit Mill, Cupar (East) - 20 pitches
- Heathery Wood, Thornton (Central) - 18 pitches
- Thornton Wood, Kelty (West) - 12 pitches
Facilities on siteEach pitch allows a family to park a residential caravan and tourer with one or two vehicles. The pitch also contains an amenity unit with kitchen, laundry, and bathing facilities.
In this section
SPRING/SUMMER 2021 – Do you want to update your current application for housing? We are currently working on a new UPDATE FORM and we hope to have this ready for you soon. However, if you want to update or withdraw your application for housing you can:
- Call 03451 55 00 33 and give details of the update
- Or email FHR.Team@Fife.gov.uk
Depending on what the update is, we may have to contact you for further information to enable the update to be completed.
If you have moved address please complete a new application form.