Buying a Home
- Before you start house hunting you will have to work out what you will be able to afford.
- Once you've found a solicitor, ask for the home report for any properties listed on the market that you like.
- You'll also need to decide what kind of mortgage you want and which lender offers you the best deal.
- Once you have chosen, you should get a mortgage agreed in principle.
- It's a good idea to get your solicitor to note your interest in the property. This means you will be informed and have a chance to put in an offer along with any other interested parties.
Help to Buy (Scotland) Scheme
The Help to Buy (Scotland) scheme means that some people can now qualify to buy a new-build home without the need for a large deposit. More information about this scheme is available on the Scottish Government website.
Also in this Section
In this section
November 2023 - Customer Survey
We want to hear from you! Fife Housing Register are running a customer survey from November 2023 to January 2024. We want to hear from applicants who have either completed their housing journey with us or are currently on our waiting list. Your answers could help us improve our service in the future. Please see the below link to the survey;
June 2023 - The Fife Housing Register Team have moved base from New City House, Dunfermline to Brunton House, Cowdenbeath. Any Post being sent to the FHR Team should be sent to the following;
Fife Housing Register Team, Cowdenbeath Customer Service Centre, Brunton House, High Street, Cowdenbeath, KY4 9QU.
Alternatively you can;-
- Call 03451 55 00 33
- Or email FHR.Team@Fife.gov.uk