Buying a Home
- Before you start house hunting you will have to work out what you will be able to afford.
- Once you've found a solicitor, ask for the home report for any properties listed on the market that you like.
- You'll also need to decide what kind of mortgage you want and which lender offers you the best deal.
- Once you have chosen, you should get a mortgage agreed in principle.
- It's a good idea to get your solicitor to note your interest in the property. This means you will be informed and have a chance to put in an offer along with any other interested parties.
Help to Buy (Scotland) Scheme
The Help to Buy (Scotland) scheme means that some people can now qualify to buy a new-build home without the need for a large deposit. More information about this scheme is available on the Scottish Government website.
Also in this Section
In this section
Start your Application
Due to service disruptions caused by the COVID-19 outbreak, we are currently unable to process new housing applications or changes to existing applications within normal timescales. If you applied for housing from March 2020 there may also be a significant delay in your application being assessed.
If you are homeless, or need somewhere to stay urgently, please call 0800 028 6231 so we can discuss your housing options.
To complete an online housing application you will need to register for a secure account on Fife Direct. If you already have an account, login in using your existing details.
If you already have an application and you need to update your circumstances, please do not submit a new application. Please log back onto your online application for housing and update the information required. If you have moved address please complete every section of the application, taking into account your new housing circumstances.Apply for a home now