Buying a Home
- Before you start house hunting you will have to work out what you will be able to afford.
- Once you've found a solicitor, ask for the home report for any properties listed on the market that you like.
- You'll also need to decide what kind of mortgage you want and which lender offers you the best deal.
- Once you have chosen, you should get a mortgage agreed in principle.
- It's a good idea to get your solicitor to note your interest in the property. This means you will be informed and have a chance to put in an offer along with any other interested parties.
Help to Buy (Scotland) Scheme
The Help to Buy (Scotland) scheme means that some people can now qualify to buy a new-build home without the need for a large deposit. More information about this scheme is available on the Scottish Government website.
Also in this Section
In this section
Start your Application
To complete an online housing application you will need to register for a secure account on Fife Direct. If you already have an account, login in using your existing details.
If you already have an application and you need to update your circumstances, call us on 03451 55 00 33. Please do not submit a new application.Apply for a home now