Buying a Home
- Before you start house hunting you will have to work out what you will be able to afford.
- Once you've found a solicitor, ask for the home report for any properties listed on the market that you like.
- You'll also need to decide what kind of mortgage you want and which lender offers you the best deal.
- Once you have chosen, you should get a mortgage agreed in principle.
- It's a good idea to get your solicitor to note your interest in the property. This means you will be informed and have a chance to put in an offer along with any other interested parties.
Help to Buy (Scotland) Scheme
The Help to Buy (Scotland) scheme means that some people can now qualify to buy a new-build home without the need for a large deposit. More information about this scheme is available on the Scottish Government website.
Also in this Section
In this section
SPRING/SUMMER 2021 – Do you want to update your current application for housing? We are currently working on a new UPDATE FORM and we hope to have this ready for you soon. However, if you want to update or withdraw your application for housing you can:
- Call 03451 55 00 33 and give details of the update
- Or email FHR.Team@Fife.gov.uk
Depending on what the update is, we may have to contact you for further information to enable the update to be completed.
If you have moved address please complete a new application form.