Supported Housing

In general, people wish to live independently in self-contained houses or flats, however, there will still be instances where people will require additional care and support.

In some cases it may be necessary to have support associated with self-contained houses or flats in the form of staffed, on site communal facilities.

These may range from a small common room to provide social support, to core and cluster models, to facilities that also provide meals, assisted bathing and other services, office space and various forms of staff accommodation, as currently provided in sheltered and very sheltered housing developments.

In these circumstances, Housing will work in partnership with Health and Social Care who will make an assessment of a person’s needs and make recommendations to complement his/her housing preferences.

Start your Application

Due to service disruptions caused by the COVID-19 outbreak, we are currently unable to process new housing applications or changes to existing applications within normal timescales. If you applied for housing from March 2020 there may also be a significant delay in your application being assessed.

If you are homeless, or need somewhere to stay urgently, please call 0800 028 6231 so we can discuss your housing options.

To complete an online housing application you will need to register for a secure account on Fife Direct. If you already have an account, login in using your existing details.

If you already have an application and you need to update your circumstances, please do not submit a new application. Please log back onto your online application for housing and update the information required. If you have moved address please complete every section of the application, taking into account your new housing circumstances.

Apply for a home now