Fife Housing Register Privacy Notice
1. Purpose of the processing and the legal basis for the processing:
Fife Council on behalf of the Fife Housing Register Partners uses the information provided by you within your housing application form in order to assess your housing circumstances and to enable you to join the housing list and to consider any HomeSwap application you make.
We have statutory functions to process these applications for housing in terms of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1987, Housing (Scotland) Act 2001 and Housing (Scotland) Act 2014.
2. Please describe the categories of personal data processed by your Service or service:
The personal information we gather and use includes name, national insurance number, contact details and date of birth for applicant and household members.
We also require information on criminal convictions, immigration status and medical information.
3. Any recipient or categories of recipients of the personal data:
We share your information with FHR partners and FHR nomination partners.
We share our information with partner landlords within the Fife Housing Register, authorised support agencies and other Fife Council services as appropriate and in line with our statutory activities.
You can give us a mandate/permission/Power of Attorney to enable us to speak to others that you are happy for us to discuss your application with them.
4. The source the personal data originates from and whether it came from publicly accessible sources (including information gathered about third parties eg where we have gathered information about a third party during discussions with a service user):
We receive additional information from you as a result of the additional proofs you provide to enable your application for housing to be assessed for example letters from doctors, social work, landlords,
We receive information about you and your joint applicant from previous landlords.
We obtain information about you and/or your joint application from previous FHR applications that you have submitted.
By completing either the Application for Housing form or the Mutual Exchange application form, we also gather information about other household members.
Depending on your circumstances we can contact other individuals as a result of information that you have provided, for example: teacher contact details, support contact details.
5. The legitimate interests of the controller or third party, where applicable:
It was originally concluded that, as a local authority, we would not be able to rely on legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing personal information. However, recent guidance has stated that local authorities can rely on it but only where the processing is outwith our public functions.
6. Whether the provision of personal data is part of a statutory or contractual requirement or obligation and possible consequences of failing to provide the personal data:
In the event that we did not request and use this information then it would not be possible to assess your need for housing.
7. The existence of automated decision making, including profiling and information about how decisions are made, the significance and the consequences:
There is no automated decision making when assessing an application for housing.
The full Privacy Notice is available on Fife Council's website.
In this section
November 2023 - Customer Survey
We want to hear from you! Fife Housing Register are running a customer survey from November 2023 to January 2024. We want to hear from applicants who have either completed their housing journey with us or are currently on our waiting list. Your answers could help us improve our service in the future. Please see the below link to the survey;
June 2023 - The Fife Housing Register Team have moved base from New City House, Dunfermline to Brunton House, Cowdenbeath. Any Post being sent to the FHR Team should be sent to the following;
Fife Housing Register Team, Cowdenbeath Customer Service Centre, Brunton House, High Street, Cowdenbeath, KY4 9QU.
Alternatively you can;-
- Call 03451 55 00 33
- Or email FHR.Team@Fife.gov.uk