Fife Housing Register Privacy Notice
1. Purpose of the processing and the legal basis for the processing:
Fife Council on behalf of the Fife Housing Register Partners uses the information provided by you within your housing application form in order to assess your housing circumstances and to enable you to join the housing list and to consider any HomeSwap application you make.
We have statutory functions to process these applications for housing in terms of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1987, Housing (Scotland) Act 2001 and Housing (Scotland) Act 2014.
2. Please describe the categories of personal data processed by your Service or service:
The personal information we gather and use includes name, national insurance number, contact details and date of birth for applicant and household members.
We also require information on criminal convictions, immigration status and medical information.
3. Any recipient or categories of recipients of the personal data:
We share your information with FHR partners and FHR nomination partners.
We share our information with partner landlords within the Fife Housing Register, authorised support agencies and other Fife Council services as appropriate and in line with our statutory activities.
You can give us a mandate/permission/Power of Attorney to enable us to speak to others that you are happy for us to discuss your application with them.
4. The source the personal data originates from and whether it came from publicly accessible sources (including information gathered about third parties eg where we have gathered information about a third party during discussions with a service user):
We receive additional information from you as a result of the additional proofs you provide to enable your application for housing to be assessed for example letters from doctors, social work, landlords,
We receive information about you and your joint applicant from previous landlords.
We obtain information about you and/or your joint application from previous FHR applications that you have submitted.
By completing either the Application for Housing form or the Mutual Exchange application form, we also gather information about other household members.
Depending on your circumstances we can contact other individuals as a result of information that you have provided, for example: teacher contact details, support contact details.
5. The legitimate interests of the controller or third party, where applicable:
It was originally concluded that, as a local authority, we would not be able to rely on legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing personal information. However, recent guidance has stated that local authorities can rely on it but only where the processing is outwith our public functions.
6. Whether the provision of personal data is part of a statutory or contractual requirement or obligation and possible consequences of failing to provide the personal data:
In the event that we did not request and use this information then it would not be possible to assess your need for housing.
7. The existence of automated decision making, including profiling and information about how decisions are made, the significance and the consequences:
There is no automated decision making when assessing an application for housing.
The full Privacy Notice is available on fifedirect.
In this section
Start your Application
The Fife Housing Register team are still assessing applications, but we may not be able to meet our normal timescales. Please continue to submit new housing applications and updates to existing applications and we will respond as soon as we can.
If you are homeless, or need somewhere to stay urgently, please call 0800 028 6231 so we can discuss your housing options.
To complete an online housing application you will need to register for a secure account on Fife.gov.uk. If you already have an account, login in using your existing details.
SERVICE UPDATE SPRING 2021 – Do you want to update your current application for housing? We are currently working on a new UPDATE FORM and we hope to have this ready for you soon. However, if you want to update or withdraw your application for housing you can:
- Call 03451 55 00 33 and give details of the update
- Or email FHR.Team@Fife.gov.uk
Depending on what the update is, we may have to contact you for further information to enable the update to be completed.
If you have moved address please complete a new application form.Apply for a home now