Fife Housing Register Privacy Notice
1. Purpose of the processing and the legal basis for the processing:
Fife Council on behalf of the Fife Housing Register Partners uses the information provided by you within your housing application form in order to assess your housing circumstances and to enable you to join the housing list.
We have statutory functions to process these applications for housing in terms of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1987, Housing (Scotland) Act 2001 and Housing (Scotland) Act 2014.
2. Please describe the categories of personal data processed by your Service or service:
The personal information we gather and use includes name, national insurance number, contact details and date of birth for applicant and household members.
We also require information on criminal convictions, immigration status and medical information.
3. Any recipient or categories of recipients of the personal data:
We share your information with FHR partners and FHR nomination partners.
You can give us a mandate/permission/Power of Attorney to enable us to speak to others that you are happy for us to discuss your application with them.
4. The source the personal data originates from and whether it came from publicly accessible sources (including information gathered about third parties eg where we have gathered information about a third party during discussions with a service user):
We receive additional information from you as a result of the additional proofs you provide to enable your application for housing to be assessed for example letters from doctors, social work, landlords,
We receive information about you and your joint applicant from previous landlords.
We obtain information about you and/or your joint application from previous FHR applications that you have submitted.
By completing this application form, we gather information about household members on your application.
Depending on your circumstances we can contact other individuals as a result of information that you have provided, for example: teacher contact details, support contact details.
5. The legitimate interests of the controller or third party, where applicable:
It was originally concluded that, as a local authority, we would not be able to rely on legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing personal information. However, recent guidance has stated that local authorities can rely on it but only where the processing is outwith our public functions.
6. Whether the provision of personal data is part of a statutory or contractual requirement or obligation and possible consequences of failing to provide the personal data:
In the event that we did not request and use this information then it would not be possible to assess your need for housing.
7. The existence of automated decision making, including profiling and information about how decisions are made, the significance and the consequences:
There is no automated decision making when assessing an application for housing.
The full Privacy Notice is available on fifedirect.
In this section
Start your Application
Due to service disruptions caused by the COVID-19 outbreak, we are currently unable to process new housing applications or changes to existing applications within normal timescales. If you applied for housing from March 2020 there may also be a significant delay in your application being assessed.
If you are homeless, or need somewhere to stay urgently, please call 03451 55 00 33 or out of hours / weekends call 0800 028 6231 so we can discuss your housing options.
To complete an online housing application you will need to register for a secure account on Fife Direct. If you already have an account, login in using your existing details.
If you already have an application and you need to update your circumstances, call us on 03451 55 00 33. Please do not submit a new application.Apply for a home now