The Fife Housing Register Partnership is committed to supporting veterans and to help them secure settled accommodation after being discharged from the Armed Forces.
Our properties are allocated using a points system and if you are being discharged from the Armed Forces or can no longer stay in forces accommodation you are entitled to 75 points.
You are entitled to keep these points until you have been:
- Allocated a property
- Secured your own settled accommodation
- Removed/withdrawn from the housing list.
This includes anyone who has been discharged for a number of years but who has not secured settled accommodation.
Settled accommodation is:
- A secure tenancy held solely or jointly in the forces applicants name – ie, a Local Authority/Council tenancy or Housing Association tenancy
- A privately owned home, including shared ownership
- A Private Residential Tenancy
You will be asked to provide proof that you have been discharged from the armed forces when you apply for housing.
The Scottish Government have also published:
In this section
Winter/Spring 2022 – Do you want to update your current application for housing? We are currently working on a new UPDATE FORM and we hope to have this ready for you soon. However, if you want to update or withdraw your application for housing you can:
- Call 03451 55 00 33 and give details of the update
- Or email FHR.Team@Fife.gov.uk
Depending on what the update is, we may have to contact you for further information to enable the update to be completed.
If you have moved address please complete a new application form.