Armed Forces

The Fife Housing Register Partnership is committed to supporting veterans and to help them secure settled accommodation after being discharged from the Armed Forces.

Our properties are allocated using a points system and if you are being discharged from the Armed Forces or can no longer stay in forces accommodation you are entitled to 75 points.

You are entitled to keep these points until you have been:

  • Allocated a property
  • Secured your own settled accommodation
  • Removed/withdrawn from the housing list.

This includes anyone who has been discharged for a number of years but who has not secured settled accommodation.

Settled accommodation is:

  • A secure tenancy held solely or jointly in the forces applicants name – ie, a Local Authority/Council tenancy or Housing Association tenancy
  • A privately owned home, including shared ownership
  • A Private Residential Tenancy

You will be asked to provide proof that you have been discharged from the armed forces when you apply for housing.

The Scottish Government have also published:

A Scottish housing guide for people leaving the Armed Forces and ex-service personnel


Start your Application

The Fife Housing Register team are still assessing applications, but we may not be able to meet our normal timescales. Please continue to submit new housing applications and updates to existing applications and we will respond as soon as we can.

If you are homeless, or need somewhere to stay urgently, please call 0800 028 6231 so we can discuss your housing options.

To complete an online housing application you will need to register for a secure account on If you already have an account, login in using your existing details.

SERVICE UPDATE SPRING 2021 – Do you want to update your current application for housing? We are currently working on a new UPDATE FORM and we hope to have this ready for you soon. However, if you want to update or withdraw your application for housing you can:

Depending on what the update is, we may have to contact you for further information to enable the update to be completed.

If you have moved address please complete a new application form.

Apply for a home now