Enquiries, Comments & Complaints
The Fife Housing Register is committed to providing high quality services, however if something goes wrong and you are dissatisfied with our services please tell us.
If you have an enquiry about the customer service you have received from a Fife Housing Register partner, you should contact the partner concerned and they will respond directly back to you.
If you have an enquiry about your application assessment regarding:
- Your points
- The outcome of your medical assessment by the Housing Occupational Therapist
- Any part of the information provided in your points letter
You should email FHR.email@example.com.
If you have an enquiry regarding an allocation or offer made by a Fife Housing Register partner, you should contact the partner landlord concerned and they will respond directly back to you.
We are always interested in your comments. Your comments can help us to:
- improve the quality of services we provide, and
- plan and improve services to better meet your needs.
We also like to know when things have gone well and you have received good customer service, we can then pass these compliments on to the staff involved.
If you have a complaint regarding:
- Fife Housing Register has not met the standards you expected while assessing your application
- Unhappy with the points awarded
- Your application being suspended
- Unhappy with the Housing Occupational Therapists Assessment
Our complaints procedure has two stages:
Stage one – frontline resolution
We aim to resolve complaints quickly and close to where we provide the service. This could mean an on-the-spot apology and explanation if something has clearly gone wrong, and immediate action to resolve the problem.
We will give you our decision at stage 1 within five working days, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
If we can’t resolve your complaint at this stage, we might suggest that you take your complaint to Stage 2. You may choose to do this immediately or sometime after you get our initial decision.
Stage two – investigation
Stage 2 deals with two types of complaint: those that have not been resolved at stage 1 and those that are complex and require detailed investigation.
When using stage 2 we will:
- acknowledge receipt of your complaint within three working days
- discuss your complaint with you to understand why you remain dissatisfied and what outcome you are looking for
- give you a full response to the complaint as soon as possible, at least within 20 working days.
If our investigation will take longer than 20 working days, we will tell you. We will agree revised time limits with you and keep you updated on progress.
After we have fully investigated, if you are still dissatisfied with our decision or the way we dealt with you complaint, you can ask the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) to look at it. There is no further level of appeal within the Fife Housing Register Partnership. The SPSO cannot normally look at:
- a complaint that has not completed stage two as above.
- events that happened, or that you became aware of, more than a year ago
- a matter that has been or is being considered in court.
You can contact the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman:
In person: SPSO, 4 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7NS
By post: SPSO, Freepost SPSO, Edinburgh, EH3 0BR
Freephone: 0800 377 7330
Online contact: www.spso.org.uk/contact-us
In this section
Start your Application
The Fife Housing Register team are still assessing applications, but we may not be able to meet our normal timescales. Please continue to submit new housing applications and updates to existing applications and we will respond as soon as we can.
If you are homeless, or need somewhere to stay urgently, please call 0800 028 6231 so we can discuss your housing options.
To complete an online housing application you will need to register for a secure account on Fife.gov.uk. If you already have an account, login in using your existing details.
SERVICE UPDATE SPRING 2021 – Do you want to update your current application for housing? We are currently working on a new UPDATE FORM and we hope to have this ready for you soon. However, if you want to update or withdraw your application for housing you can:
- Call 03451 55 00 33 and give details of the update
- Or email FHR.Team@Fife.gov.uk
Depending on what the update is, we may have to contact you for further information to enable the update to be completed.
If you have moved address please complete a new application form.Apply for a home now