Housing for Specific Needs
Housing for Specific Needs refers to applicants who require specific approaches, specific accommodation and/or specific support services.
- There are a range of resources across Fife dedicated to developing and delivering specific needs housing, adaptations and varied living settings. Together with a suitable package of care and support this housing option can make it possible for people to live independently in their own home.
- A broad definition of Specific Needs Groups has been provided through the work of the Fife Housing Partnership to ensure that the demand for specific needs housing is addressed within clearly identified planning approaches.
The key groups are:
- Young people leaving care
- People with learning disabilities requiring specific support services or are moving out of supported accommodation into independent living
- People with Autistic Spectrum Conditions and are requiring specific approaches, specific accommodation and/or specific support services
- People with mental ill health and are requiring specific approaches, specific accommodation and/or specific support services
- People fleeing domestic violence
- Offenders/ex prisoners
- Gypsy travellers
- People with physical disabilities requiring a specific type of accommodation, specific support services and/or specific approaches
Also in this Section
In this section
Start your Application
The Fife Housing Register team are still assessing applications, but we may not be able to meet our normal timescales. Please continue to submit new housing applications and updates to existing applications and we will respond as soon as we can.
If you are homeless, or need somewhere to stay urgently, please call 0800 028 6231 so we can discuss your housing options.
To complete an online housing application you will need to register for a secure account on Fife.gov.uk. If you already have an account, login in using your existing details.
SERVICE UPDATE SPRING 2021 – Do you want to update your current application for housing? We are currently working on a new UPDATE FORM and we hope to have this ready for you soon. However, if you want to update or withdraw your application for housing you can:
- Call 03451 55 00 33 and give details of the update
- Or email FHR.Team@Fife.gov.uk
Depending on what the update is, we may have to contact you for further information to enable the update to be completed.
If you have moved address please complete a new application form.Apply for a home now