Housing for Specific Needs
Housing for Specific Needs refers to applicants who require specific approaches, specific accommodation and/or specific support services.
- There are a range of resources across Fife dedicated to developing and delivering specific needs housing, adaptations and varied living settings. Together with a suitable package of care and support this housing option can make it possible for people to live independently in their own home.
- A broad definition of Specific Needs Groups has been provided through the work of the Fife Housing Partnership to ensure that the demand for specific needs housing is addressed within clearly identified planning approaches.
The key groups are:
- Young people leaving care
- People with learning disabilities requiring specific support services or are moving out of supported accommodation into independent living
- People with Autistic Spectrum Conditions and are requiring specific approaches, specific accommodation and/or specific support services
- People with mental ill health and are requiring specific approaches, specific accommodation and/or specific support services
- People fleeing domestic violence
- Offenders/ex prisoners
- Gypsy travellers
- People with physical disabilities requiring a specific type of accommodation, specific support services and/or specific approaches
Also in this Section
In this section
November 2023 - Customer Survey
We want to hear from you! Fife Housing Register are running a customer survey from November 2023 to January 2024. We want to hear from applicants who have either completed their housing journey with us or are currently on our waiting list. Your answers could help us improve our service in the future. Please see the below link to the survey;
June 2023 - The Fife Housing Register Team have moved base from New City House, Dunfermline to Brunton House, Cowdenbeath. Any Post being sent to the FHR Team should be sent to the following;
Fife Housing Register Team, Cowdenbeath Customer Service Centre, Brunton House, High Street, Cowdenbeath, KY4 9QU.
Alternatively you can;-
- Call 03451 55 00 33
- Or email FHR.Team@Fife.gov.uk