Housing for Specific Needs
Housing for Specific Needs refers to applicants who require specific approaches, specific accommodation and/or specific support services.
- There are a range of resources across Fife dedicated to developing and delivering specific needs housing, adaptations and varied living settings. Together with a suitable package of care and support this housing option can make it possible for people to live independently in their own home.
- A broad definition of Specific Needs Groups has been provided through the work of the Fife Housing Partnership to ensure that the demand for specific needs housing is addressed within clearly identified planning approaches.
The key groups are:
- Young people leaving care
- People with learning disabilities requiring specific support services or are moving out of supported accommodation into independent living
- People with Autistic Spectrum Conditions and are requiring specific approaches, specific accommodation and/or specific support services
- People with mental ill health and are requiring specific approaches, specific accommodation and/or specific support services
- People fleeing domestic violence
- Offenders/ex prisoners
- Gypsy travellers
- People with physical disabilities requiring a specific type of accommodation, specific support services and/or specific approaches
Also in this Section
In this section
Start your Application
To complete an online housing application you will need to register for a secure account on Fife Direct. If you already have an account, login in using your existing details.
If you already have an application and you need to update your circumstances, call us on 03451 55 00 33. Please do not submit a new application.Apply for a home now